- 1 Where can you find the Juneau port?
- 2 Where do Alaska cruise ships depart from?
- 3 Is Juneau a tender port?
- 4 Where does the cruise ships dock?
- 5 Has Juneau placed a limit on the number of cruise ships that can dock?
- 6 What is in port in Juneau Alaska?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to cruise to Alaska?
- 8 What is the best Alaska cruise route?
- 9 What is there to do on an Alaskan cruise?
- 10 Is Juneau walkable?
- 11 Where do the cruise ships dock in Ketchikan?
- 12 What is in Port Sitka?
- 13 Can you stay on cruise ship at port?
- 14 Do cruise ships get attacked by pirates?
- 15 How long can you stay on cruise ship after it docks?
Where can you find the Juneau port?
It is located in the southeastern part of Alaska, sheltered from the Pacific by a belt of islands 120 km (75 mi) wide. Surrounded by ice, water, forest and rock, Juneau is built on a small strip of land between the Gastineau Channel and towering Mount Juneau at the southern end of Lynn Canal.
Where do Alaska cruise ships depart from?
There are 4 ports that most Alaska cruises depart from: Seattle, Vancouver, Seward and Whittier. Other ports such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and Juneau are used less frequently.
Is Juneau a tender port?
On 4/30/2021 at 8:17 PM, Blazza said: Our 23 July 2022 visit on Ruby Princess is showing Juneau as a tender port. There are 6 ships of varying sizes currently scheduled in port on that day.
Where does the cruise ships dock?
Most cruise ships dock at Heritage Quay or the Nevis Pier, or if both are occupied, the commercial pier at Deepwater Harbour.
Has Juneau placed a limit on the number of cruise ships that can dock?
Cruise ships with a capacity of more than 250 passengers would be banned from being at dock or anchor between 7 pm and 7 am, beginning in 2022. No cruise ship larger than 100,000 gross tons would be allowed to dock or anchor in Juneau after January 1, 2026.
What is in port in Juneau Alaska?
Juneau offers unparalleled glacier viewing from Tracy Arm Fjord, Mendenhall Glacier, the Juneau Ice field and Glacier Bay National Park. Outdoor enthusiasts will love Juneau’s extraordinary kayaking, dog sledding, rafting, biking, hiking and glacier hiking.
What is the cheapest month to cruise to Alaska?
May or September The very beginning and very end of the Alaska cruise season typically sees the lowest prices for Alaska cruises. Generally speaking, May and September have the coldest temperatures of the Alaska cruise season, and it is also the time of year when school is still in session.
What is the best Alaska cruise route?
The Inside Passage is the most popular route. Itineraries generally embark in either Seattle or Vancouver, British Columbia — though there are some itineraries originating in Juneau.
What is there to do on an Alaskan cruise?
10 Things to Do on an Alaska Cruise
- 01 of 10. See Whales.
- 02 of 10. Ride the White Pass and Yukon Route Railway.
- 03 of 10. Visit Glacier Bay National Park.
- 04 of 10. See Bald Eagles on the Chilkat River.
- 05 of 10. Ride in a Helicopter.
- 06 of 10. Go Dog Sledding.
- 07 of 10. Ride the Alaska Grandview Train.
- 08 of 10.
Is Juneau walkable?
Partly due to its geography—it’s surrounded by mountains and water—Juneau is a compact city. So it’s more walkable than most.
Where do the cruise ships dock in Ketchikan?
Ketchikan has 4 docks available for cruise ships. All ships dock in front of the historical district of Ketchikan. Simply cross the street and you are there. There are a lot of attractions and museum in town.
What is in Port Sitka?
13 Amazing Things to Do in Sitka, Alaska
- St. Michael’s Cathedral.
- Russian Bishop’s House. Round out your colonial Russian education with a tour of the nearby Bishop’s House.
- Sheldon Jackson Museum.
- Hike the Harbor Mountain Trail.
- Sitka National Historical Park.
- Alaska Raptor Center.
- Sea Kayaking in Sitka Bay.
Can you stay on cruise ship at port?
Nope. The choice is totally yours. You can go ashore on a tour, explore the cruise port on your own or stay onboard and relax by the pool, book a (usually discounted on port days) spa treatment or take advantage of other activities on your ship during the day.
Do cruise ships get attacked by pirates?
Cruise ships have a low risk of pirate hijack. Only six of the 230 recorded attacks were against cruise ships. None have resulted in capture. A well-known incident occurred in 2005 when the Seabourn Spirit was fired at in a hijack attempt.
How long can you stay on cruise ship after it docks?
We recommend no earlier than five hours after your ship arrives back at home port. So if your ship is scheduled to get back home at 7:00 a.m., your flight shouldn’t leave any earlier than 12:00 p.m. There will be times that this five hours gives you a ton of extra time.